Freeform 3 for Craft CMS Now Available!
We have just released Freeform 3, and it's filled with a large number of new features and improvements, as well as available at a lower price now too! There's also a number of important things you need to know if you're planning on upgrading from Freeform 2.x.
Some of the biggest new features available in Freeform are Stripe payments built into the Pro edition, Excel exporting, editing of submissions on the front end, various email notification template enhancements, full reCAPTCHA support (v2, v3), a Slack integration and much more!
Freeform 3 now conveniently supports true Craft editions in the Plugin Store. You can now directly purchase and install Freeform Pro as a single plugin, or easily switch from Lite to Pro, etc. Not to mention, the Pro edition is now a lower price too!
We've added a large number of new features to Freeform 3. Here's the list:
- Support for editing submissions (Pro)
- Slack Webhooks API integration (Pro)
- reCAPTCHA v2 Invisible and v3 (Pro).
- Support for reCAPTCHA v2 Checkbox was added to the Lite edition (not Pro only anymore)
- Ability to choose failed reCAPTCHA behavior (show error or send to Freeform Spam Folder)
- Opinion Scale field type (Pro)
- Rich Text block special field to allow for easier managing of content inside form layouts (Pro)
- Support for searching on fields in freeform.submissions function (fieldSearch)
- Excel exporting option (Pro)
- Ability to limit submissions to 1 per user per form (Pro)
- Support for GET query strings filling fields with values
- CC and BCC fields in email notifications
- Plain Text email notification template options
- Ability to predefine Assets to attach to all emails sent from an email notification template (e.g. a ticket PDF or instructions document, etc) (Pro)
We've also changed and improved quite a few things as well:
- Consolidated Lite, Pro and Payments plugins into a unified Freeform plugin with editions
- Combined Freeform Payments into the Pro edition of Freeform
- Some features are no longer available in the Lite edition of Freeform (but available in Pro). Please see this documentation guide for the full details.
- Freeform now uses unified JS plugin to handle all built-in JS. Plugin is extendable too, allowing for easier overriding of defaults
- The Freeform JS Honeypot is now a regular Honeypot with optional JS enhancement feature (to work the same way)
- Phone, Website and Number field types now default to rendering as corresponding type attribute (e.g. tel, url, number)
- Improved Element Connections feature to be more robust and handle mapping of data better
- Updated User Element Connection feature to have option to suppress User Activation email notification for those that wish to Admin activate only
- Updated User Element Connection feature to allow all user groups, including ones that have access to Craft CP
- Overhauled Freeform demo templates to be simpler and easier to use / understand
- Various visual improvements to Composer interface and throughout CP
Current Freeform 2 Customers
While this release adds a large number of new and exciting features, there are some changes that current Freeform 2.x customers need to know about:
- The release of Freeform 3 consolidates the three separate Freeform plugins (Lite + Pro + Payments) into a single unified plugin with actual editions.
- Some Lite features are now Pro only, while the Payments plugin features are now part of the Pro edition (see more info about that here).
- All customers have had their old v2 Lite licenses (whether it was Lite only, or Lite + Pro) upgraded to new v3 Pro licenses as of June 11, 2019. If your license has expired, a renewal is required to gain access to Freeform 3.
- When renewing licenses purchased prior to June 11, 2019, please be aware that your old Lite license is now a single Pro license and your old Pro and/or old Payments license(s) are discontinued. Your old v2 Lite license will renew as a new v3 Pro license for the Pro renewal fee amount ($69/yr).
- If you wish to downgrade your v3 Pro license to a v3 Lite license, please contact the Craft Support Team for assistance, and they'll be happy to help.
If you're ready to upgrade to Freeform 3, we strongly recommend that you carefully review the changelog and follow the special upgrade instructions.
Give Freeform 3 a try...
If you haven't already used Freeform, or it's been a long time since you have, we encourage you to try it out. Install a free "trial" (there are no limitations to it) from the Plugin Store and see what you think!