Updating Instructions #
NOTE: If you're switching from Freeform Classic to the new Freeform, please see the Switching from Freeform Classic documentation to learn more about the differences, and then view the Migration utility documentation to prepare your site for migration. Freeform can be used alongside classic Freeform/Freeform Pro (Freeform Classic) installations if you're wanting to try out and/or switch to Freeform.
NOTE: If you're upgrading from Freeform Lite to Freeform Pro, you can follow these same instructions below. There will be no update button/process as it is not required, though you may see the Update button if the version number is greater (e.g. Lite 1.1.3 to Pro 1.1.6).
Freeform has its own Update Service built in, which means that every time there's an update available, an Updates Available nav item will show up in the Freeform add-on area of the EE control panel. You can then review the changelog there, or view it here.
To download the update, simply click the Get Latest Version button, and you'll be taken to your account area on the Solspace site where you can log in and download the updated package for Freeform. Then follow the steps below:
- Within your EE site's ./system/user/addons/ and ./themes/user/ directories, delete the freeform_next folders.
- Unzip the download package:
- Copy the freeform_next folder to your EE site's ./system/user/addons/ directory.
- Open the themes folder and copy the freeform_next folder to your EE sites ./themes/user/ directory.
- Go to the Add-Ons area (under Developer navigation tab), scroll to down to the Third Party Add-Ons section, and find Freeform Pro (or Freeform Lite) in the list, and click the Update button.