MailChimp Mailing List API Integration
This documentation page assumes you have read over the Mailing List Integration Overview page. If you have not yet read it, please do so now. We also assume that you have a MailChimp account already, along with mailing list(s) already created.
MailChimp integration includes support for the following:
- Field mapping to standard and custom fields (of text type only), per list.
Setup Instructions #
- The MailChimp API integration requires Freeform Pro:
- If you already have Freeform Lite and wish to upgrade to Freeform Pro, you can do so in your Solspace account area for a discounted rate.
- Create & get API Key from MailChimp:
- Go to MailChimp website and log into your account.
- Go to the Extras > API keys page.
- Click the Create A Key button at the bottom of the page.
- After the page reloads, copy the newly created key under the API key column.
- Setup Integration on your site:
- Go to the Mailing Lists section in Freeform Settings (Freeform > Settings > Mailing Lists)
- Click the New Mailing List Integration at the top right.
- Select MailChimp from the Service Provider select dropdown.
- Enter a name and handle for the integration.
- Paste the MailChimp API key into the API Key field in Freeform.
- At the top right corner of Freeform page, click Save button.
- Verify Authorization:
- After the integration is saved, it'll return you to the list of mailing list integrations.
- Click into the newly created integration.
- Confirm that there is green circle with Authorized in the middle of the page.