Solspace Calendar meets the same requirements as listed on the Craft Requirements page.
- Craft 2.6.2780 or later
- PHP 5.3.x - 7.1.x
- MySQL 5.1.0 or later
- Windows and OS X browsers:
- Chrome 21 or later
- Firefox 28 or later
- Safari 9.0 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Microsoft Edge
Installing Instructions #
- Unzip the download package and copy the calendar folder to your Craft sites /craft/plugins/ directory.
- Go to the Settings > Plugins page and click Install for the Calendar plugin.
Quick Setup #
Follow the steps below to quickly get Solspace Calendar setup in minutes.
To customize and configure Solspace Calendar settings, visit the Settings page (Calendar > Settings).
Solspace Calendar ties into regular Craft User Group Permissions. Simply visit the permissions page for the applicable user group(s) (Settings > Users > User Groups) to grant/edit/remove permissions to Solspace Calendar.
- Access Calendar - required for users to access Solspace Calendar at all.
- Administrate Calendars - access to Calendars list page.
- Create Calendars
- Edit Calendars
- Delete Calendars
- WARNING: Deleting calendar(s) deletes ALL events associated with that calendar as well, so be careful which users have access to this permission.
- Manage events in - must be checked to have access to managing events
- All calendars - access to create/edit/delete events for ALL existing and future calendars, regardless of which ones are checked off below.
- "MY CALENDAR NAME" calendar - access to create/edit/delete events for that specific calendar.
- Settings - access to settings area for Calendar and Demo Templates install page.
Demo Templates #
Install the Demo Templates (Calendar > Settings > Demo Templates) to get Calendar up and running on the front end with just a couple clicks!
Common Issues #
Currently, there are only 2 known issues:
- ISSUE: After installation, when going to Calendar page I am getting the following error: "Method "settings" for object "Craft\CalendarVariable" does not exist"
- CAUSE: If you have the Tipping Media Venti plugin currently installed, you might run into this issue due to a namespace collision. Calendar uses the Calendar namespace, but Venti seems to sometimes use it as well.
- SOLUTION: If your site is not live, or you're not dependent on this plugin, simply disable it (Settings > Plugins then click Disable button) or if you're not using it, uninstall it.
- ISSUE: When attempting to use Calendar on front end templates, I am getting the following error: "Call to undefined method CalendarLibraryCarbon::setWeekStartsAt()"
- CAUSE: The issue has to do with another third party plugin installed that also uses Carbon. A commonly reported plgin is Postmaster, which appears to be using an older copy of Carbon. Calendar ends up loading Postmaster's Carbon library, causing this issue.
- SOLUTION: Manually updating the vendors directory for the affected plugin to use latest versions may resolve this issue. Customers affected with this issue specifically for Postmaster plugin can contact Solspace support for an updated vendors folder for Postmaster that may resolve the issue.